Last updated on August 4, 2023
Your softball glove is probably the essential piece of equipment for your game, whether you are a seasoned pro or just starting out. While many people focus on the quality of the leather or the size of the glove, the laces are just as important. The right laces can make all the difference in how well the glove performs and how long it lasts.
When it comes to softball glove laces, there are a few critical things to keep in mind. First and foremost, you want to make sure that the laces are made from high-quality materials that can withstand the wear and tear of the game. Leather laces are a popular choice as they are durable and can be easily replaced if they break or wear out.
Another important factor to consider is the length of the laces. The length you need will depend on the size of your glove, so it’s essential to measure carefully before making a purchase. You also want to make sure that the laces are easy to tie and will stay tied during the game.
After researching a number of various softball glove laces, we have identified the best options on the market. These laces are made from high-quality materials, come in various lengths to fit any glove, and are easy to tie and keep tied.
- 1 Best Softball Glove Laces
- 2 Buying Guide
- 3 Frequently Asked Questions
- 3.1 How many laces does it take to relace a softball glove?
- 3.2 Should softball glove laces be tight or loose?
- 3.3 What is softball glove lace made of?
- 3.4 How much does it cost to relace a glove?
- 3.5 How do you tighten softball glove laces?
- 3.6 Can pitchers have white laces on their glove?
- 3.7 How do you make a softball glove squeeze easier?
- 4 Wrap Up
Best Softball Glove Laces
Let’s get started! Our list begins with a couple offerings from the company TOFL:
If you’re looking to relace your favorite mitts, the TOFL Softball and Baseball Glove Lace Kit is a great choice. It’s easy to use and comes with all the necessary materials to repair your gloves.
- Comes with 2 cowhide leather strips, each 72 inches long and 3/16 inch wide, enough to do the pocket and the fingers of your glove
- Made of authentic cowhide and comes with a heavy-duty lacing needle that threads into the end of the leather strip for ease of use
- Compatible with any baseball or softball gloves or mitts, and comes in a variety of colors to match or accentuate your gloves
- The tool could be improved, but it still gets the job done
- The laces may not be long enough for larger gloves
- Some users may find the lacing process time-consuming or difficult
The TOFL Softball and Baseball Glove Lace Kit is a great option for those who want to repair their gloves and keep them in top condition. The cowhide leather strips are durable and the heavy-duty lacing needle makes the process easier. The kit is compatible with any baseball or softball gloves or mitts, and comes in a variety of colors to match or accentuate your gloves. While the tool could be improved and the laces may not be long enough for larger gloves, the kit still does what it needs to.
If you’re looking for a reliable and durable baseball glove lacing kit, the TOFL Softball and Baseball Glove Laces are a great option.
- Authentic cowhide leather material ensures the laces are strong and sturdy enough to last for a long time.
- Comes with enough lacing to do the pocket and fingers of your baseball or softball glove or mitt.
- Compatible with any make or model of baseball or softball gloves or mitts.
- Doesn’t come with a lacing needle, so you’ll need to purchase one separately if you need one.
- Some users may find the laces a little thick or difficult to work with at first.
- Only comes in a limited number of colors, so you may not be able to find a perfect match for your glove.
The TOFL Softball and Baseball Glove Laces are easy to use and come with a tips and tricks guide to help you get started. Simply screw the glove lacing tool onto the cowhide strips and follow the previous lacing pattern. Take out just a little of the old strips at a time and repeat the pattern. These laces work on any make or model of mitt, be it Rawlings, Wilson, or Mizuno, and they’re also great for leather craft projects of all kinds.
If you want to fix up your old glove and save money instead of buying a new one, the Rawlings Glove Lacing Kit Tan is a great choice.
- Comes with everything you need to lace your glove
- High-quality and durable lace
- Works on any make or model glove
- The awl-type lacing tool may be bulky for some users
- The included lace may not fit with the tool for some users
- May require some practice to use the tool effectively
The Rawlings Glove Lacing Kit Tan is an all-in-one kit that includes a classic awl-type lacing tool and a 3/16″ x 48″ tan lace. The lace is made of high-quality and durable synthetic leather that has been carefully tested. This kit can help you get more time out of your glove and is a great investment for any baseball or softball player.
The only potential downside to this kit is that the awl-type lacing tool may be bulky for some users, and the included lace may not fit with the tool for some users. Additionally, using the tool effectively may require some practice. Overall, the Rawlings Glove Lacing Kit Tan is a great choice for anyone looking to repair their old glove and extend its life.
If you’re looking for a budget-friendly and complete set for repairing your baseball or softball mitt, the Lanties Glove Relacing Kit is a great option.
- Comes with a complete set of tools for repairing gloves
- The artificial leather lace is quality and reliable
- Threading tools make it easy and convenient to replace the lace
- The quality of the leather lace is not the best
- Some tools may break or bend easily
- May not be suitable for high-quality or professional gloves
The Lanties Glove Relacing Kit includes everything you need to repair your baseball or softball mitt. The artificial leather lace is reliable and each roll is long enough to replace or repair the lace on your mitt. The threading tools make it easy and convenient to replace the lace, and the various maintenance tools make it simple to maintain your gloves. However, the quality of the leather lace may not be the best and some of the tools may break or bend easily. This kit may not be suitable for high-quality or professional gloves.
If you are looking for a quality re-lace pack for your baseball or softball glove, the Rawlings Glove Re-Lace Pack is a great option to consider.
- Comes with everything you need to re-lace your glove
- The synthetic leather is strong and durable
- Helps extend the life of your glove
- Some users reported the laces feeling stiff out of the box
- The tool included in the pack may not be the best for relacing
- Some users received a different color than what was expected
The Rawlings Glove Re-Lace Pack includes four pieces of standard 3/16″ x 72″ lace with a lacing tool, making it easy to re-lace your glove. The synthetic leather is carefully tested to ensure it is strong and durable, helping to extend the life of your glove. However, some users have reported the laces feeling stiff out of the box and the tool included in the pack may not be the best for relacing. Additionally, some users received a different color than what was expected. Overall, if you are looking for a reliable re-lace pack for your glove, the Rawlings Glove Re-Lace Pack is a solid choice.
Choosing the right softball glove laces can be a daunting task, especially for beginners. There are several factors to consider before making a purchase. Here are some key features to look for when choosing the best softball glove laces:
The material of the laces is an essential factor to consider when looking for a durable and long-lasting product. Leather and rawhide are the most popular materials for softball glove laces. Leather laces are sturdy and durable, while rawhide laces are more flexible and easier to tie.
The length of the laces is another important factor to consider. The length of the laces varies depending on the size of the glove. Make sure to measure the length of your glove and choose the appropriate length of laces. A good rule of thumb is to choose laces that are at least 3-4 inches longer than the length of your glove.
The thickness of the laces can also affect the durability and strength of the product. Thicker laces are more durable and long-lasting, while thinner laces are more flexible and easier to tie. Choose the thickness that best suits your needs and preferences.
The color of the laces is a matter of personal preference. However, it is important to choose a color that complements or matches the color of your glove. This will help create a uniform look and make your glove stand out on the field.
Choosing a reputable brand can ensure that you are getting a high-quality product that is durable and long-lasting. Some of the most popular brands for softball glove laces include Rawlings, Wilson, and Easton.
Here’s our take on the relative importance of the different features and attributes for laces:
Frequently Asked Questions
How many laces does it take to relace a softball glove?
The number of laces it takes to relace a softball glove depends on the size of the glove and the amount of webbing and fingers you need to weave. On average, a softball glove requires about 50-60 inches of lace to secure the leather properly.
Should softball glove laces be tight or loose?
Softball glove laces should be tight enough to secure the leather properly, but not so tight that they cause the leather to warp or stretch. It is recommended to consult the manufacturer’s instructions or a professional for guidance on how tight to lace your glove.
What is softball glove lace made of?
Softball glove lace can be made of leather or synthetic materials such as nylon or polyester. Leather laces are more traditional and offer a classic look and feel, while synthetic laces are more durable and resistant to weather and wear.
How much does it cost to relace a glove?
The cost to relace a glove can vary depending on the size of the glove, the type of leather or materials used, and the professional doing the work. On average, it can cost anywhere from $20 to $100 or more to relace a glove.
How do you tighten softball glove laces?
To tighten softball glove laces, use a glove mallet or a ball to pound the leather around the fingers and webbing. This will help to mold the leather and tighten the laces.
Can pitchers have white laces on their glove?
Yes, pitchers can have white laces on their glove.
How do you make a softball glove squeeze easier?
To make a softball glove squeeze easier, try breaking it in by playing catch, using glove oil or conditioner (yes, there is a difference), and storing it with a ball inside the pocket. You can also adjust the laces to make the glove fit more snugly around your hand.
In conclusion, while the quality of the leather and the size of the glove are important factors to consider when selecting a softball glove, the laces are equally crucial. The right laces can make all the difference in how well the glove performs and how long it lasts. Whether you’re a pro or just starting out, these laces are made from high-quality materials, come in various lengths to fit any glove, and are easy to tie and keep tied. With the right laces, you can keep your glove in top condition and dominate on the field.
Want to skip the hassle of relacing and want to just buy a new glove instead? Check out our review of the best gloves on the market.
Softball Ace is THE online hub for all things softball. Since 2017, we’ve created insightful reviews on softball equipment like gloves and bats, but also provide fun and comprehensive education on softball culture, training tips, and softball-related advice.