Last updated on August 22, 2023
Softball pitching machines are an essential tool for players and coaches looking to take their game to the next level. These machines simulate pitches at different speeds, angles, and heights, allowing players to practice their hitting and fielding skills without relying on a live pitcher. Whether you’re a beginner or an experienced player, a softball pitching machine can help you improve your game and build confidence.
- 1 The Best Pitching Machines for Softball
- 2 What to Consider When Buying a Softball Pitching Machine
- 3 Frequently Asked Questions
The Best Pitching Machines for Softball
Here are our top picks for the best softball pitching machines on the market. Get ready to hit it out of the park!
Looking for a versatile and portable softball pitching machine? The Louisville Slugger Blue Flame Pitching Machine might be just what you need!
- Throws any type of ball, including hard balls, fast pitch softballs, dimple balls, light flight, plastic, and even soccer and volleyballs
- Adjustable speed controls allow for hard balls to be thrown from 18 to 45 mph, and light flight and plastic balls up to 60 mph; slowpitch softballs can be thrown with up to a 12-inch arch
- Extremely accurate for throwing strikes, fly balls, and even grounders, making it great for a variety of drills
- Completely manual, so it requires physical effort to operate and may not be suitable for those with mobility issues
- May take some time to adjust the machine to throw the desired pitch accurately, and some users have reported issues with the machine moving during use
- Replacement parts can be expensive, with the replacement pin for the foot pedal costing $4 on the manufacturer’s website
The Louisville Slugger Blue Flame Pitching Machine is a versatile and reliable option for those looking to improve their softball skills. It’s lightweight and easy to move from field to field, making it perfect for on-the-go training. Whether you’re a beginner or an experienced player, this pitching machine can help you improve your swing mechanics and accuracy.
One of the best things about this pitching machine is its ability to throw any type of ball, making it great for a variety of drills. The adjustable speed controls also allow you to customize the pitch speed to your liking, with hard balls able to be thrown from 18 to 45 mph and light flight and plastic balls up to 60 mph. Slowpitch softballs can also be thrown with up to a 12-inch arch.
While the machine is completely manual, it’s lightweight and easy to operate, weighing less than 25 pounds. However, it may not be suitable for those with mobility issues as it requires physical effort to operate. Additionally, some users have reported issues with the machine moving during use, which can affect the accuracy of the pitch.
Overall, the Louisville Slugger Blue Flame Pitching Machine is a great investment for those looking to improve their softball skills. It’s accurate, versatile, and portable, making it a great addition to any training regimen.
If you’re looking for a reliable softball pitching machine that can simulate speeds up to 85 mph at 25 feet and throw fastballs, left- and right-handed curveballs, and sliders, then the Jugs Lite-Flite Machine is a great option.
- Simulates speeds up to 85 mph at 25 feet
- Can throw Lite-Flite baseballs and the JUGS Bulldog polyballs in addition to Lite-Flite softballs
- Comes with 1-dozen Lite-Flite softballs
- Only for use with Lite-Flite balls and Poly Balls
- Recommended for ages 8 and up
- 1/8 Horsepower, 1.3 amplifier motor may not be powerful enough for advanced players
If you’re a beginner or intermediate player looking to improve your hitting skills, the Jugs Lite-Flite Machine is a great option. It’s easy to use and comes with everything you need to get started. However, if you’re an advanced player looking for a more powerful machine, you may want to consider other options.
One thing to keep in mind is that the Lite-Flite Machine is only for use with Lite-Flite balls and Poly Balls, so if you’re looking to practice with regular softballs, you’ll need to look elsewhere. Additionally, the 1/8 horsepower motor may not be powerful enough for more advanced players.
Overall, the Jugs Lite-Flite Machine with 1-Dozen Lite-Flite Softballs is a reliable and easy-to-use pitching machine that can help you improve your hitting skills.
If you’re looking for an affordable and portable pitching machine for low-level baseball or softball practice, the Furlihong Pitching Machine is a great option.
- Provides a whole adjustment from speed to angle of the two side wheels for all type of pitches – including fastballs, curves and sliders.
- Runs on 4 D Batteries (not included) or with the provided 6V AC Adapter, portable and versatile. (please remove batteries when using AC power) Note:this machine is equipped with delay protection, so you need to wait a few seconds after the machine is turned on. And then the ball will be launched
- Max Speed 19 MPH with Furlihong quality polyurethane plastic dimpled balls( weights about 1 oz.) that are sting-free and won’t dent bats, specifically designed for pitching machines.
- Can not use regulation baseballs. Extra dimpled balls available at our amazon brand store.
- Not suitable for advanced players who need higher speeds or more accurate pitches.
- May require some time to adjust the angle and speed to get the desired pitch.
The Furlihong Pitching Machine is a great option for beginners and those looking for an affordable and portable option. It provides a range of pitch types and speeds, and can be powered by batteries or an AC adapter. However, it is not suitable for advanced players who need higher speeds or more accurate pitches. Additionally, it may take some time to adjust the angle and speed to get the desired pitch. Overall, if you’re looking for a budget-friendly pitching machine for low-level practice, the Furlihong Pitching Machine is a solid choice.
If you’re looking for an affordable and portable pitching machine that can throw baseballs at speeds up to 50 MPH, the Louisville Slugger Black Flame Pitching Machine is a great option. It’s perfect for youth and adult players who want to improve their batting skills, and it doesn’t require any batteries or electrical cords to operate.
- Interchangeable components let it switch from throwing strikes to high fly balls or ground balls
- Compatible with plastic, dimple, restricted flight, hard and soft balls
- Official pitching machine of Babe Ruth and Pony League Baseball and Softball
- Not as accurate as electric-powered machines
- Can be bulky and hard to transport
- May require some trial and error to figure out the best distance and angle for optimal performance
The Louisville Slugger Black Flame Pitching Machine is a versatile and reliable option for anyone who wants to improve their batting skills. Whether you’re a beginner or an experienced player, this pitching machine can help you develop your swing and timing. It’s also compatible with a wide range of balls, so you can use it for different types of training.
One of the biggest advantages of the Louisville Slugger Black Flame Pitching Machine is its interchangeable components. You can easily switch between throwing strikes, high fly balls, and ground balls, which makes it a great tool for practicing different types of hits. It’s also compatible with plastic, dimple, restricted flight, hard, and soft balls, so you can choose the type of ball that works best for your training needs.
However, the machine is not as accurate as electric-powered machines, so you may need to adjust the distance and angle to get the best results. It can also be bulky and hard to transport, so it’s not the best option if you need to move it around frequently. Finally, you may need to spend some time experimenting with the machine to figure out the best distance and angle for optimal performance.
What to Consider When Buying a Softball Pitching Machine
When looking for a softball pitching machine, there are several factors to consider to ensure you get the best product for your needs. Here are some things to keep in mind:
Type of Machine
Before purchasing a softball pitching machine, consider the type you want. There are three main types: manual, electric, and pneumatic. Manual machines are the most affordable but require someone to operate them. Electric machines are more expensive but can be used alone. Pneumatic machines are the most advanced and can throw a variety of pitches, but they are also the most expensive.
Pitching Speed and Type
The speed and type of pitches the machine can throw is another important factor to consider. Some machines can only throw fastballs, while others can throw curveballs, sliders, and more. The speed of the pitches is also important. Make sure the machine can throw pitches at the speed you need for your skill level.
Consider where you will be using the machine and how often you will need to move it. If you plan on using it at different locations, a portable machine may be the best option. Look for a machine that is lightweight and easy to transport.
Since a softball pitching machine can be a significant investment, you want to make sure it is durable and built to last. Look for machines made with high-quality materials and that have good customer reviews.
Finally, consider the price of the machine. Softball pitching machines can range in price from a few hundred dollars to several thousand dollars. Determine your budget and look for machines that fit within that range.
Frequently Asked Questions
Are pitching machines worth it?
Yes, pitching machines are worth it if you want to improve your batting skills. They are great for practicing hitting consistency, timing, and accuracy. Pitching machines can also help you develop your swing and increase your reaction time. They are especially useful for players who want to practice hitting a specific type of pitch, such as a curveball or a slider.
However, pitching machines can be expensive, and they require regular maintenance. You will also need to have access to a power source and a lot of space to set up the machine. Additionally, some players prefer to practice hitting against live pitching, as it can be more unpredictable and challenging.
Can you use softballs in a baseball pitching machine?
No, you should not use softballs in a baseball pitching machine. Softballs are larger and heavier than baseballs, and they require a different type of pitching machine. Using a softball in a baseball pitching machine can damage the machine and cause injury to the player. If you want to practice hitting softballs, you should use a softball pitching machine.
What speed is the Little League machine pitch softball?
The Little League machine pitch softball is typically set to pitch at speeds between 35-45 miles per hour. However, the exact speed can vary depending on the make and model of the pitching machine. It is important to read the manufacturer’s instructions carefully and adjust the machine accordingly.
Softball Ace is THE online hub for all things softball. Since 2017, we’ve created insightful reviews on softball equipment like gloves and bats, but also provide fun and comprehensive education on softball culture, training tips, and softball-related advice.