Last updated on July 4, 2023
Youth softball catchers shin guards are a crucial piece of equipment for young catchers who want to stay safe while playing the game. These guards are designed to protect the shins and knees from the impact of fast-moving softballs, which can cause serious injury without proper protection.
Ultimately, the right youth softball catchers shin guards will depend on a variety of factors, including the player’s size, experience level, and personal preferences. By taking the time to carefully consider these factors and choose the right guards, you can help ensure that young catchers are able to play safely and confidently on the field.
- 1 Best Youth Softball Shin Guards:
- 2 Buying Guide
- 3 Frequently Asked Questions
Best Youth Softball Shin Guards:
If you’re in the market for youth softball catcher’s shin guards, the All-Star S7 Axis Youth 9-12 Pro Leg Guards are a great option.
- These leg guards are top quality and will provide excellent protection for your young catcher.
- The hook and loop closure ensures that the leg guards stay securely in place.
- The fitted and streamlined design means that these leg guards won’t weigh your child down or get in the way of their performance.
- These leg guards are on the pricier side, so they may not be the best option if you’re on a tight budget.
- Some customers have reported that the sizing runs a little big, so you may want to consider sizing down.
- While these leg guards are comfortable, they may take some time to break in and get used to.
The All-Star S7 Axis Youth 9-12 Pro Leg Guards are made from top quality materials and are designed to provide excellent protection for your young catcher. The hook and loop closure ensures that the leg guards stay securely in place, so you don’t have to worry about them slipping down during a game or practice.
The fitted and streamlined design of these leg guards means that they won’t weigh your child down or get in the way of their performance. They’re comfortable to wear, but they may take some time to break in and get used to.
While these leg guards are on the pricier side, they’re definitely worth the investment if you want to ensure that your child is well-protected while playing softball. Just keep in mind that the sizing may run a little big, so you may want to consider sizing down.
If you’re looking for a reliable and comfortable leg guard for your youth softball catcher, the Easton Elite X Baseball Catcher’s Leg Guards are a great option.
- The wide-set knee design provides complete coverage behind the plate, ensuring maximum protection for your catcher.
- The reinforced knee and thigh connection improves fit and security when moving in and out of the squat, providing a secure fit.
- The vented shell increases airflow and breathability, keeping your catcher cool during the heat of competition.
- The leg guards are only available in one size, which may not fit all catchers.
- The leg guards are relatively heavy, which may cause some discomfort during long games or practices.
- Some customers have reported issues with the leg guards breaking after only a few uses.
The Easton Elite X Baseball Catcher’s Leg Guards are made from a blend of materials and are designed to provide maximum protection and comfort for your catcher. The wide-set knee design ensures complete coverage behind the plate, while the reinforced knee and thigh connection provides a secure fit when moving in and out of the squat.
In addition, the leg guards feature removable inner knee and shin pads, allowing for a custom fit. The vented shell increases airflow and breathability, keeping your catcher cool during the heat of competition.
However, the leg guards are only available in one size, which may not fit all catchers. Additionally, the leg guards are relatively heavy, which may cause some discomfort during long games or practices. Finally, some customers have reported issues with the leg guards breaking after only a few uses.
If you’re looking for a durable leg guard for your young catcher, the Easton Junior M7 Catchers Leg Guard is a great option.
- The triple knee protection provides extra support in and out of the squat.
- The strategically placed memory foam offers Inner Knee Protection where catchers need it most.
- The removable liner is machine washable, making it easy to clean.
- Only available in black.
- Not suitable for adult catchers.
- Some users reported the buckles for the straps are unusual.
The Easton Junior M7 Catchers Leg Guard is perfect for young catchers of all calibers. Its triple knee protection and strategically placed memory foam provide the necessary support and protection during games. The removable liner is also a plus, making it easy to clean after a game.
In terms of cons, the leg guard is only available in black, which may not be suitable for teams with specific color requirements. Additionally, the leg guard is only suitable for young catchers, so adult catchers will need to look elsewhere. Finally, some users reported that the buckles for the straps are unusual, which may take some getting used to.
When it comes to buying youth softball catcher’s shin guards, there are a few things you should keep in mind to ensure you get the best product for your needs. Here are some features to look for:
Size and Fit
One of the most important things to consider when buying shin guards is the size and fit. You want to make sure the guards fit snugly and securely on your child’s legs, without being too tight or uncomfortable. Measure your child’s leg from the center of the knee to the top of the ankle to determine the correct size. Look for shin guards with adjustable straps to ensure a custom fit.
Shin guards are typically made from either plastic or foam. Plastic guards offer more protection but can be heavier and less flexible. Foam guards are lighter and more flexible but may not offer as much protection. Consider the level of protection your child needs and their comfort level when choosing the material.
Shin guards come in a variety of designs, including single-piece and two-piece designs. Single-piece guards offer more protection but can be less comfortable and more difficult to put on and take off. Two-piece guards are more comfortable and easier to put on and take off but may not offer as much protection. Consider your child’s needs and preferences when choosing a design.
Some shin guards come with additional features, such as ventilation holes, extra padding, or antimicrobial properties. These features can add to the comfort and durability of the guards. Consider which features are important to you and your child when making your decision.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the proper way to measure a youth catcher’s shin guards?
To measure a youth catcher’s shin guards, use a tape measure to measure the distance from the center of the kneecap to the top of the ankle bone. This measurement will give you the proper length for the shin guards.
How should youth catcher’s shin guards fit?
Youth catcher’s shin guards should fit snugly around the leg, but not be too tight. The top of the shin guard should rest just below the knee cap, and the bottom should cover the ankle bone. The shin guard should be secured with straps, but not be so tight that it cuts off circulation.
How long should shin guards last?
The lifespan of shin guards can vary depending on how often they are used and how well they are taken care of. Generally, youth catcher’s shin guards should last at least one season, but it is recommended to replace them every two seasons to ensure proper protection. Inspect the shin guards regularly for signs of wear and tear, such as cracks or loose straps, and replace them if necessary.
Hunter Tierney is a passionate writer, loving dad, and true sports fanatic. His experience helping his two daughters through softball, in addition to playing baseball at the collegiate level, gives him a fresh perspective on all things softball. He earned his business degree from the University of Phoenix where he also took writing and journalism courses.