Last updated on June 16, 2023
The right gear is essential for any softball player, and one of the most important pieces of equipment is the infield glove. These gloves are expertly designed to assist players in making rapid and precise catches, even in the toughest situations. As an infielder, my glove always felt like an extension of my arm; and everything mattered. From the material inside the glove to how long the laces were, it all felt important to me with how much I was going to have it on my hand and I was extra picky because of this. To this day, I still use the glove that I got halfway through my high school career. A true testament to the durability that some gloves can provide, it’s all about finding the right one.
- 1 Best Softball Infield Gloves
- 1.1 WILSON 2022 A2000™ Kelsey Stewart Game Model with Spin Control™ & SuperSkin™ Infield Fastpitch Softball Glove
- 1.2 Wilson A2000 Infield Fastpitch Gloves
- 1.3 Rawlings Liberty Advanced Fastpitch Softball Glove Series
- 1.4 WILSON Fastpitch Infield Glove
- 1.5 Rawlings Heart of The Hide Fastpitch Softball Glove
- 1.6 WILSON A550 Siren Softball Infield Glove
- 1.7 Easton Ghost Tournament Elite Fastpitch Softball Glove
- 2 Buying Guide
- 3 Frequently Asked Questions
Best Softball Infield Gloves
With so many options available, choosing the right softball infield glove can feel overwhelming. In this article, we’ll take a closer look at some of the best options on the market and help you find the perfect glove to take your game to the next level.
WILSON 2022 A2000™ Kelsey Stewart Game Model with Spin Control™ & SuperSkin™ Infield Fastpitch Softball Glove
If you’re looking for a stylish and versatile infield softball glove, the WILSON 2022 A2000™ Kelsey Stewart Game Model with Spin Control™ & SuperSkin™ is a great choice.
- The glove is made of Pro Stock Leather, which is known for its rugged durability and unmatched feel.
- The Spin Control Technology, with a dimpled pattern in the Pro Stock Leather in the palm and web, helps reduce the spin rate of the ball by rapidly increasing friction at the moment of contact between ball and glove.
- The ComfortPro Fit, featuring ProLux Leather, offers a richer, softer feel against your hand, and the all-new Comfort Sleeve conceals the binding in the wrist for more comfort than ever before.
- The glove may take some time to break in.
- The price point may be higher than some other infield gloves on the market.
- The glove is only available for right-handed throwers.
The WILSON 2022 A2000™ Kelsey Stewart Game Model with Spin Control™ & SuperSkin™ is a great choice for infield softball players who want a high-quality glove that looks great and offers superior performance. The Pro Stock Leather and Spin Control Technology work together to provide excellent durability and ball control, while the ComfortPro Fit ensures a comfortable and snug fit.
One potential downside of this glove is that it may take some time to break in. Additionally, the price point may be higher than some other infield gloves on the market. Finally, it’s important to note that this glove is only available for right-handed throwers.
If you’re looking for a durable and comfortable softball infield glove, the Wilson A2000 Infield Fastpitch Gloves might be the perfect fit for you.
- The Pro Stock Leather material is rugged and durable, providing unmatched feel and support.
- The DriLex Wrist Lining keeps your hand dry and comfortable on the field.
- The ComfortPro Fit, featuring ProLux Leather, offers a rich, soft feel against your hand and the Comfort Sleeve conceals the binding in the wrist for added comfort.
- Some reviewers have reported issues with the leather lacing in the webbing tearing after only a few uses.
- The glove may feel a bit stiff and heavy at first, but it can be broken in with use.
- The price point may be a bit higher than some other options on the market.
If you’re in need of a high-quality infield glove that will last you for years to come, the Wilson A2000 Infield Fastpitch Gloves is definitely worth considering. The Pro Stock Leather material offers unmatched durability and feel, while the DriLex Wrist Lining keeps your hand dry and comfortable during even the longest games. The ComfortPro Fit, featuring ProLux Leather, adds an extra layer of comfort, making this glove a great choice for serious players.
However, some reviewers have reported issues with the leather lacing in the webbing tearing, so keep that in mind before making your purchase. Additionally, the glove may feel a bit stiff and heavy at first, but with some use, it can be broken in to fit your hand perfectly. While the price point may be a bit higher than some other options on the market, the Wilson A2000 Infield Fastpitch Gloves is definitely an investment worth making for serious softball players.
If you’re a female softball player looking for a high-quality infield glove, the Rawlings Liberty Advanced Fastpitch Softball Glove Series is definitely worth considering.
- Designed with female athletes in mind, providing an improved level of control and comfort
- Full-grain leather adds durability and a comfortable feel
- Pull-strap closures allow each player to find the perfect fit to their hand
- 70% factory break-in, 30% player break-in required
- May be too small for some players
- Some players may prefer a different web pattern
This glove is perfect for pitchers, infielders, and outfielders, providing a versatile option for any utility player. The finger shift and pull-strap back adjustments make it easy to customize the fit to your hand, while the Poron XRD palm padding provides extra protection and comfort.
The Liberty Advanced Series is also ideal for avid players from high school to the pros, and the 12.5-inch female specific model is perfect for players who need a glove that will break in quickly and form a long-lasting pocket.
While the 70% factory break-in may be a downside for some players, the quick and easy break-in process ensures that you’ll be able to use your glove in no time. Overall, the Rawlings Liberty Advanced Fastpitch Softball Glove Series is a great choice for female softball players looking for a high-quality infield glove that will last for years to come.
If you’re looking for a reliable softball infield glove, the WILSON Fastpitch Infield Glove is a great option for you.
- The Dual Post Web provides excellent support and helps your glove hold its shape better over time.
- The drawstring wrist closure ensures a secure fit for smaller hands.
- The game-ready full grain cowhide leather construction offers a controllable, lightweight feel.
- The glove may require a good break-in cycle to become less stiff.
- The pocket may not be sufficient to hold a 12u sized ball.
- The glove may not be suitable for players looking for a youth size glove.
This glove is designed for young players working on the building blocks of their game. The open, Dual Post Web provides excellent support and helps your glove hold its shape better over time. The drawstring wrist closure ensures a secure fit for smaller hands so emerging talent can improve fielding tools and make an instant impact. The game-ready full grain cowhide leather construction offers a controllable, lightweight feel.
The Dual Welting in Wilson gloves goes beyond a mere cosmetic effect, as it’s integrated into the liner of each infield, outfield and pitcher’s model, offering better support and helping your glove hold its shape better over time. The 12 Inch Female Specific Model is suitable for all positions. The glove is available for right-hand throw and left-hand throw players.
If you’re a female softball player looking for a high-quality infield glove, the Rawlings Heart of The Hide Fastpitch Softball Glove is a great option.
- Designed specifically for female athletes, with tailored hand openings, finger stalls, palm padding, and patterns
- Made with world-renowned Heart of The Hide baseball glove leather, cut from top steer hides
- Customized fit provided by the improved pull-strap closures at the wrist
- Requires a 40% factory/60% player break-in period, which may take some time
- Some customers have reported receiving the wrong hand orientation or size
- The black shell portion of the glove is made of synthetic plastic, not leather
This glove is ideal for pitchers, infielders, and outfielders, and is perfect for avid players from elite level travel ball to the pros. It’s strong, durable, and comfortable, thanks to the pro-grade leather laces and padded thumb sleeve. The basket web design is perfect for infielders who need to quickly transfer the ball from glove to hand.
The Heart of The Hide Fastpitch Softball Glove is 80% broken in at the factory, so it requires minimal player effort to ensure it’s game-ready. However, it may take some time to fully break in. Some customers have reported receiving the wrong hand orientation or size, so be sure to double-check your order. Additionally, the black shell portion of the glove is made of synthetic plastic, not leather, which may be a downside for some players.
If you’re looking for a reliable softball infield glove, the WILSON A550 Siren is a great option for you.
- The Modified X2 web design allows for a deeper pocket, making it easier to catch and control the ball.
- The Quick Fit Wrist feature ensures that the glove fits snugly and comfortably on your hand.
- Suitable for all positions, so you can use it for both infield and outfield play.
- It may take some time to break in the glove, so it might feel stiff at first.
- The size of the glove may not be suitable for players with larger hands.
- The padding in the pocket could be improved for better shock absorption.
The WILSON A550 Siren is a great choice for players who want a reliable and versatile infield glove. The Modified X2 web design provides a deeper pocket, which is perfect for catching and controlling the ball. Additionally, the Quick Fit Wrist feature ensures that the glove fits snugly and comfortably on your hand, allowing for better control and precision.
However, keep in mind that the glove may take some time to break in, so it might feel stiff at first. Also, the size of the glove may not be suitable for players with larger hands. Lastly, the padding in the pocket could be improved for better shock absorption.
If you’re looking for a high-quality softball infield glove, the Easton Ghost Tournament Elite is definitely worth considering.
- Designed specifically for fastpitch softball players, with a pattern tailored to fit smaller hands
- Made from top-quality Diamond Pro Steer USA Leather, with snakeskin embossed leather accents for a great feel and aesthetic
- Features the Quantum Closure System with an adjustable open back for a comfortable and secure fit while playing
- Might take some time to break in
- May need some extra padding for added comfort
- Can get dirty quickly
This glove is loaded with innovative engineering and design flair to make sure your glove is ready for the big players you’re making. Turn heads with both your glove and your play.
The Easton Ghost Tournament Elite is a great choice for any fastpitch softball infielder. With its tailored pattern, top-quality materials, and comfortable fit, this glove is sure to help you take your game to the next level.
Featuring supple leather lining, professional-grade rawhide lace, and rolled leather welting, this glove is designed for durability and comfort. And with its woven web design, it’s perfect for infielders and pitchers alike.
When it comes to buying a softball infield glove, there are several factors you need to consider. Here are some key features to look for when choosing the best product for you:
Size and Fit
The size and fit of your glove are crucial to your performance on the field. Make sure to choose a glove that fits your hand comfortably and allows you to move your fingers easily. Look for a glove that is specifically designed for infield play, as they tend to be smaller and more flexible than outfield gloves.
The material of the glove can greatly affect its durability and performance. Leather gloves are the most popular choice for infielders, as they are durable, flexible, and provide a good feel for the ball. Synthetic gloves are also a good option, as they are often more affordable and require less maintenance than leather gloves.
Other features to consider when choosing a softball infield glove include the color, style, and brand. While these factors may not affect the performance of the glove, they can make a difference in your overall comfort and confidence on the field.
By considering these key features, you can choose a softball infield glove that fits your needs and helps you perform at your best.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the difference between infield and outfield gloves?
Infield gloves are smaller and have a shallower pocket compared to outfield gloves. This is because infielders need to be able to quickly transfer the ball from their glove to their throwing hand, while outfielders need a deeper pocket to catch fly balls. Infield gloves also have a more closed webbing pattern, while outfield gloves have an open webbing pattern.
What size glove do you need for softball?
The size of your glove will depend on your position and personal preference. Infielders typically use gloves between 11 and 12 inches, while outfielders use gloves between 12 and 14 inches. Pitchers may use gloves between 11 and 12 inches. Catchers use a specialized glove that is larger and has extra padding.
How do you break in a softball glove?
To break in a softball glove, you can use a combination of playing catch, applying glove oil, and using a mallet to soften the leather. Start by playing catch with the glove to help it form to your hand. Then, apply glove oil to the leather to make it more pliable. Finally, use a mallet to pound the glove and soften the leather.
What makes a softball glove illegal?
A softball glove can be considered illegal if it has been altered in any way that changes the original design or if it does not meet the size and weight requirements set by the league. Also, gloves with white or gray lace are illegal in some leagues. It is important to check with your league’s rules and regulations to ensure that your glove is legal.
Hunter Tierney is a passionate writer, loving dad, and true sports fanatic. His experience helping his two daughters through softball, in addition to playing baseball at the collegiate level, gives him a fresh perspective on all things softball. He earned his business degree from the University of Phoenix where he also took writing and journalism courses.